– In October 2013, I was invited to give a week long workshop in interaction design at the Expin Media Lab of the Universidad Autonoma de Occidente in Cali, Colombia. This consisted of a lecture in interaction design and a hands-on workshop on the basics of digital fabrication where we went through the process of going from an idea to a working prototype using Max/MSP, Arduino & electronics and some basic 3D printing.
– In 2011 I was a part-time lecturer in the Digital Arts and Interactive Media department at WITS University. I taught the Digital Arts Honors students in interactive programming using Max/MSP/Jitter .
– In 2010 and again in 2011, I acted as the external examiner for the Masters in Interactive Media students.
– I also run workshops in Max/MSP.
– On the 5th of April 2011, I gave a talk to the South African Editor’s Guild (SAGE). Topics covered: Making sound editing decision / The picture editor & sound designer relationship / Editing choices that impact the sound design / Deliverables for sound.
– I lecture on various aspects of sound at AFDA — The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance.
– I run workshops on sound design and other sound related disciplines at Big Fish School of Digital Filmmaking.